End Violence Against Women – “Aret Tape”
The aim of JCI City Plus is to bring attention to the need for all Mauritians to be concerned by the issue of women violence and be made aware of their duties towards both victims and perpetrators as well as to build a peaceful and safe society.
JCI City Plus is committed to keeping gender-based violence in the spotlight as a major health and human rights concern & to promote gender equality and women empowerment which is aligned with the United Nations Millenium Development Goals.
The project was launched on the 8th of March 2014 coinciding with the International Women’s day and involved an awareness session at L’Escalier village found in the southern part of the island. There were about 60 participants and JCI City Plus worked in collaboration of another NGO – Lion’s Club of Ebene for this particular awareness session.
The next phases of the project involves:
- Partnering with Men
- Empowering Women in Decision Making – The Future Leaders
- Youngsters as ambassadors of No more violence against Women
- Media Sensitization on ‘End Violence Agaisnt Women
- Professional counselling Sessions
Like Us On Facebook
- JCI City Plus had the pleasure to host the 2019...
- Senator Ashveena Mewa gave an inspiring and imp...
- JCI Mauritius, through JCI City Plus, held its ...