In May, JCI Mauritius hosted the 2019 JCI Africa and the Middle East Conference at Intercontinental, Balaclava. It was a memorable and enriching experience for all the JCI family delegates. The theme was ‘Business for Sustainable Development‘.
- the Opening ceremony in presence of 2019 JCI President, Alexander Tio, and the Acting President of the Republic of Mauritius, Barlen Vyapoory;
- Panel Discussion on the theme of the conference, ‘Business for sustainable development’;
- Pitching session in collaboration with the Indian Ocean Commission (Gold Sponsor)
- Training session by Dale Carnegie Training and workshop by SME Mauritius;
- Twinning ceremony with JCI Emeraude (Ivory Coast);
- Gala Ceremony, during which JCI Mauritius won several awards: Best Public Speaker (Faizal Sheik Chan), Best Debating Team (Anishah Aujayeb-Gopal, Ravish Ramrekha and Siksha Dewoo), Best Skills Development programme (JCI Quatre Bornes).
We also showcased Mauritian talent and hospitality during the various nights:
- Welcoming party with Mr Love;
- Mauritian Night, with performances by Abaim;
- Patriotic Night, with performance by Tenille Amor.
Learn more about the Conference in our 2019 Newsletters ( https://www.jcicityplus.org/jci-city-plus-newsletter-city-zenes-focus/ ) and see more pictures on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jcicityplus/ .
#TogetherForOneWorld #brotherhood #development #ActiveCitizens